In this article, we cover how to use an iptv mag box remote if you have just purchased a new mag box and are unsure of the buttons when it comes to using IPTV.
First let’s look at how to program the mag box remote so you can map different buttons on your mag box remote to other home entertainment devices such as your TV, surround sound, etc.
Looking for a MAG box subscription? Then see our prices at Strong IPTV to get the best IPTV subscription for your Mag box.
How To Program The IPTV Mag Box Remote To Other Remote Controls
To program the mag box remote you will want to follow the below steps.
- Press the left blue button labeled On/OFF and the A/V button at the same time for 2 seconds. You will see the green light to the left of the On/OFF button stop blinking and stays solid green. (Now the remote is ready to be programmed)
- On the STB Mag box remote press the button you want to teach/program until the green light starts blinking
- Place your mag box remote and normal TV remote facing each other so the infrared sensors are facing each other
- Now on your TV remote press a button (then hold for 2 seconds) you want to program to your mag box remote
- You will see the green light double blink then the programming of your normal TV button to your mag box remote button is finished
- Repeat steps 1-5 for any other buttons you wish to program to your TV remote or any other home entertainment media remote you have
- Press the ON/OFF button and A/V button to save the programming of the remote, you will see the green light fade away
See How To Use A Amazon Firestick Remote With The Smart IPTV App.
How to Use The New Programmed Buttons On Your Mag Box Remote
Once you have assigned some buttons on your mag box remote control you will be able to control your main TV’s power or volume controls depending on which buttons you assigned.
Some Buttons You Can Program From TV To Mag Box Remote
- A/V to switch your TV input sources
- Power button to turn your television off and on
- Mute button to mute your TVs volume
- Menu to access your Televisions built-in menu
Which Mag Box Remotes Are Programmable?
We have put an image below of the mag box remote controls which can be programmed and the ones that can’t.
Where Can I Find RC Codes For The Mag Box Remote
If you are looking for the RC codes of the mag box remotes you can find them here at RC Code Table to dive more into programming your remote controls.
When it comes to using IPTV and mag boxes you can follow our guide on how to use IPTV mag box remote control to gain the knowledge on everything you need to know when it comes to programming mag box remotes to using them for IPTV.